What Are We Doing?
At Tsinghua, we are working on the study of galaxy formation and evolution using both observations and simulations. We are particularly interested in the formation of massive galaxies and the connection between galaxies and their host dark matter halos. We are also interested in the application of machine learning techniques in astronomy.
Who Are We?
My group is a diverse group of people with different backgrounds and interests. We are always looking for new members to join us. If you are interested in working with us, please contact me.
|Shuo Xu (许硕)||Shuo is working on improving the stellar-halo connection models of massive galaxies using both simulations and observations.|
|Xiao-Ya Zhang (张筱雅)||Xiao-Ya is currently working on combining the deeper images and IFU data of nearby massive galaxies to deepen our understanding of the assembly of massive galaxies.|
|Ze-Chang Sun (孙泽昌)||Ze-Chang is an expert of machine learning’s application in astronomy. He is currently working on improving the photometric redshift estimate and calibration for future surveys using machine learning techniques.|
|Le-Yao Wei (韦乐瑶)||(Starting 2023-09)|
- Xin Qiao (乔鑫)
- Xin is currently working on detecting low surface brightness galaxies in HSC images of low-redshift clusters and study their stellar nuclei.
- Shi-Hao Dong (董施昊)
- Shi-Hao is trying to find compact galaxies using the amazing Gaia data.
- Yu Liu (刘雨): Shui-Mu Fellow (水木青年学者), 2022-2024
- Yu is working with me and Prof. Cheng Zhao (赵成) on cosmological simulations and predictions for the MUltiplexed Survey Telescope (MUST) project.
- Xing-Chen Zhou (周兴辰): MUST Fellowship, Starting 2024
- Xing-Chen will help us prepare the target-selection strategy for the MUST project.
Past Collaborating Students
Over my years as a Ph.D. student and post-doc, I am very lucky to have the opportunity to work with many talented students. Here is an incomplete list of students who have worked with me in the past:
- Jia-Xuan Li (李嘉轩): Ph.D. student at the Princeton University, USA
- Yi-Fei Luo (罗逸飞): Ph.D. student at the University of California, Santa Cruz, USA
- Enia Xhakaj: Ph.D. student at the University of California, Santa Cruz, USA
- Christopher Bradshaw: Ph.D. student at the University of California, Santa Cruz, USA; Now a software engineer.
- Felipe Ardila: Ph.D. student at the University of California, Santa Cruz, USA; Now a data scientist.